Recently I helped a company to build e-commerce website with Magento. She had existing shops already and she uses Erply with almost 10000 items which she wanted to import into e-shop.
Even though Erply and Magento both are market leaders then importing the data from Erply to Magento was poorly supported. I took existing github project, forked it, upgraded to magento connect version and fixed many issues in it. It is still not fully stable but usable, expert help is still advised. You download the plugin from here https://github.com/smartman/magento-integration
Simplest way to integrate Erply and magento is to:
- Install Erply plugin from Magento Connect service http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/erply-inventory-management-for-magento-1.html
- Download source of fixed plugin from https://github.com/smartman/magento-integration/archive/master.zip
- Copy/merge folders design, code and etc from magento-integration-master/erply/app/ to app folder in your magento installatation. This overwrites old broken files.
Issues fixed are:
- Missing price, description and some other fields import
- Fixed big number of product import
- Fixed category import
- Many more small things
Issue with large number of product import was that it takes very long time. PHP script execution may time out and process never finishes. Read more about Simple Erply and Magento integration plugin …