This tutorial assumes that you have eclipse which is set up for regular android development and you can create new android projects. Phonegap files are now named cordova
- Create new Android project in eclipse.
- Download package and extract cordova-2.6.0.jar from zip file from http://phonegap.com/download/
- Add cordova-2.6.0.jar to your projects build path. In eclipse open project properties > Java Build Path > Add Jars
- Change main Activity superclass to DroidGap
- Replace setContentView(R.layout.main); with super.loadUrl(“file:///android_asset/www/index.html”);
- Create folder xml into the project res folder. Add there plugins.xml and cordova.xml from the package you download before.
- Add into AndroidManifest.xml <uses-permission android:name=”android.permission.INTERNET” /> and <uses-permission android:name=”android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE” />
- Create folder www into projects assets folder.
- Add index.html file into assets/www. File content is regular HMTL.
By now you can already run the program. Next steps are starting to use PhoneGap special HTML5 features and try accessing hardware. If It fails to run then make sure you have logcat view activated in eclipse or try in linux commandline: Read more about Basic PhoneGap Android app from scratch step-by-step …